Monday 25 January 2010

Letter from Blue, Wizi the Wonder Dog & family


Sarah/Paul, 

Well youve done it again - another LOVELY dog!!!!!!

Blue has totally settled in and gets on well with the other dogs. I took her to the vets to get her chipped she wasnt terribly brave but after a few cudlles recovered completely. 

Blue Wizi & Katie all try to fit in the front of the pick up (you can imagine).  Then Blue stands on the back seat with front paws on the centre consol, everytime I look Left I get a kiss... 

Blue is a true cattle dog through and through. I cant believe how similar she is to Mallet (my oldACD). She is very protective of me, not in a bad way just a cattle dog way I get gently nudged along when I'm least expecting it, I wonder where an earth she is when I look round but there she is by my heels!   She sits bolt upright and stretches like a dingo.  She walks through the horses,  calmly investergates the rams when I feed them but without malice.   She hasnt been on a lead all week, most days I take her more less on the same walk so she will get her bearings.

My family love her.  I overheard my mum ask Petra her carer yesterday has Jane got any dogs with her?  Petra replied only Team Wiccaways - it cracked me up. The weather here has been so bad that I havent had the heart to put her in the kennel so she sleeps (no crate )in the kitchen with Katie and so far we have had clean nights with nothing chewed.  Over the years I have become quite well trained at putting things out of reach, switching the hob of at the mains just in case they jump up and turn the buttons.etc etc.


Wizi and Blue have great games, needless to say Wizi always tries to be top dog.  Blue keeps everyone in line just as Mallet used to do - its like having a community policeman around!   All scuffles are broken up asap with a firm prod of the nose or a nip when needed, toys removed when they cause a problem, she sleeps with one eye open!!! and does not miss a trick.   Having said that she really is a very happy and well adjusted dog with a real sense of fun and ohh soo cuddly.

It is very very cold here at the moment that the water in the house keeps freezing, no outside taps working so I have to carry water from the stream and about 5 inches of snow with very slippery icy bits. But its not so bad just takes a bit longer to get jobs done. 

I will keep you updated and thank you so much for letting me have Blue.  I keep having to pinch myself, I cant quite believe that I found a cattle dog when I wasnt even looking for one and yes I have sung Blue Moon to her - how daft am I!


Take care keep warm
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment